It shouldn’t come as a surprise when we say that the Xbox version is behind the PC version in terms of content. To make everything a little clearer, we will create an overview that lists all the current differences between the two versions. That way you can keep track of which features will be released in a future update. The list is divided into a couple of categories, to make it easier to find the things you are looking for. If it is not in the list, then that means that it is available in both the Xbox version as the PC version of the game. In brackets the PC version is mentioned in which the feature has been introduced. Since the Xbox patch notes indicate up to which PC version it will be updated, this will make it easier to see which features are included.
Creatures (including saddles)
Woolly Rhino (v238) Eurypterid (v238) Dunkleostus (v238)
- All weapons are available on both Xbox and PC
- All armor is available on both Xbox and PC
Structures / items
- All structures / items are available on both Xbox and PC
Extinction Event servers (v238)
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges (v239, upcoming)
Snow and Swamp caves (v237) No longer allowed to fly in caves (v237)
- Painting of structures and items (warpaint)
- Survival of the Fittest game mode.
- Xbox graphics are not as good as those in the PC version. Or, like one of our users (AquaVixen) stated: “severely degraded” 🙂
- PC version has access to a special parasaur saddle skin, nerdy glasses and dino glasses (for those that had ‘the Stomping Lands’ game on Steam)
- PC version has access to mods
Xbox exclusive features
Some features that will be coming to the Xbox version, are not available in the PC version. These will be listed here as “Xbox exclusive”, although this does not mean that they will never make it into the PC version.
- Split screen for local and online multiplayer
- Non-Dedicated Multiplayer tether range increased +33%, Maximum number of players in non-dedicated sessions increased to 8!
- Bionic Rex skin, Survivor’s trophy and Survivor’s hat (Thanks, dieserdon)