With this Dino Stats calculator, you’ll be able to check how the stat points of a wild dino have been distributed. With breeding being a new functionality in the ARK: Survival Evolved game, it is useful to keep a look on wild dinos with high stats. These natural high stat dinos can then be used to breed. If you manage to breed two parents with different max stats, for example damage and health, you might end up with a baby dinosaur that has both health and damage maxed!
Furthermore, it can also be convenient to know the wild dino’s stats when on a normal taming trip. A level 120 dino might sound nice, but if most of its stats were distributed on oxygen and not damage or health, a lower level might turn out to be actually a better tame. By using this calculator you will always know beforehand whether it is a good choice to tame the dino, or if you should move on to try and find another one with better distributed stats.
Useful info: If you fill in the stats and the points don’t add up to 100%, don’t panic: Since each stat has the same percentage to be randomly chosen upon level up, and there are 7 stats, you will have 1/7th (15%) chance that the stat will go into speed. The speed of a wild dino is not increased, so that stat point will be wasted. Therefore you will most likely end up with around 85% of stat points invested.
Keep in mind that this calculator can only be used for pre-tame stat distribution. If you fill in the stats of the creature after it has been tamed, or from one of your bred dinos, the result will most likely be unreliable.
Last updated: January 31, 2017 (v254). Please use Ctrl + F5 if the latest creatures don’t seem to work.
The basic idea of the calculator is that you first choose a dinosaur and its level. The calculator will then fill in the base stats of the dino and show for each of the stats what its max value would be. This max value is only achieved when 100% of all the stat points went into it, which is very unlikely to happen. The maximum amount of stat points for a dino is equal to its level – 1.
Next, you will have to fill in the stats of the dino that you want to tame. You can find these stats by knocking the dino out and looking in its inventory. The reason that speed is not in this calculator, is because that stat is never increased in the wild and has therefore 0 stat points invested in it. When you fill in the stats of your knocked out dino, the last column will indicate how much points where spent on this stat and what percentage this would be compared to the maximum possible value.
Finally, the bottom row shows how much of the stat points have been assigned, in comparison to the optimal case. In general, a wild dino has around 85% chance to gain a stat point for each of the level it has, as 1/7th of the points will go into speed (which is not increase, so that point is wasted). This means that the total percentage will probably be around 85% in most of the cases. If your dino is above this 85%, you are lucky to have found a wild dino that has more stat points invested than the average dino (however, 100% stat points invested in oxygen might still not be an optimal tame).