The Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved will be getting a patch this week! That brings us up to v730 and it has some sweet new things that you want to check out. Update: Patch v730.1 has been released now, so restart your Xbox console if you aren’t seeing the patch to start the update!
The patch is scheduled for the week of January 10. Not everything in the patch might be of interest to you, so we will first discuss some of the highlights of the new patch notes to give an overview of what there is to look out for.
Up to date with PC v231.9
This patch brings the Xbox users up to speed with the PC version of the game (up to v231.9), which means that for example the Fireplace, Procoptodon and Dino Rebalance will be coming to you. Unfortunately, this will not include the Dung Beetle and Dimetrodon that will be released for PC this week.
Fix for caves
A lot of people experienced problems (e.g. crashes) when entering caves (especially on single player). This patch includes a fix that should resolve the problem.
It’s a pain to join a server on Xbox, as everything is full.. always. Anyway, this patch will come with another 100+ servers added, which hopefully makes it easier to join a one. For people wondering which server they should choose to get on a new one: every server with a number higher than 399 should be one of the new servers!
Upcoming Version v730.0,
ETA week of January 10 ETA January 15, 4:30 EST (9:30 GMT) Current version
- All the PC Functionality, Fixes, & Content up through PC version v231.9 (Fireplace, Procoptodon, Dino Rebalance, etc)
- Fixed Cave Loading crash/fall-thru
- Improved performance: better framerate, less stalls
- Fixed crosshair not appearing
- Fixed some cases where you could lose character save data in local mode
- Fixed fur armor colorization
- Added 100+ more Official Servers
- Improved speed of server listing
- Fixed Taming Dinos losing Inventories/messed-up-Inventories upon reloading singleplayer save game
- Fixed a memory leak that was typically causing crashes around the Volcano area
- Increased server difficulty from 2.0 to 4.0, same as PC
- [More notes to come]
The Xbox version is slightly behind on the PC version, so for upcoming changes you can check out the PC patch notes. The reason for the delay in patches on the Xbox has to do with the way in which Microsoft needs to approve everything and some other constraints from their side.
These notes and earlier version can also be found on the SurviveTheArk forum.