The PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved will be getting another patch this week! That brings us up to v232 and it has some sweet new things that you want to check out. Upcoming: find out what patch v233 will bring by clicking here.
For now, the patch is scheduled for coming Thursday, January 14. However, keep in mind that this is an estimate so there might be some changes in the meantime. Not all of the patch changes might be interesting, so we first will show you some of the highlights.
One of the things we’re most excited about, is the introduction of two more creatures to the ARK! These creatures include the Dung Beetle and the Dimetrodon. We’ve recently covered these two in a Devkit preview, so if you are curious how they are going to look, you should certainly check it out.
Beer ?. What else is there to say??
If everything goes right, we should see the Tribe Alliance being implemented this Thursday. The tribe alliance makes it possible to group together with other tribes, on both PvE and PvP. We cannot yet tell what all the possibilities of the tribe alliance are, or how you can initiate it, but we will keep you updated as soon as the patch goes live.
Update: unfortunately, tribe alliance has been pushed back and will be included in one of the future updates (presumably v233).
Small additional updates:
- Fixed issue with invisible Dinos/Structures (caused by recent server optimizations), typically on <= 2 core machines. Also fixed a server startup crash. Server-side update required for affected servers.
- Fixed players stuck under map not being teleported back above the map
- Fixed spoiler timer for berries in beer-barrel not being increased
- Fixed beer brewing time to be 6 hours (was 12 hours, meant to be 6)
- Fixed beer barrel placement size
- Fixed Plant Species X Turrets on Rafts targeting through walls.
- Fixed case where Dung Beetle resource production could erroneously stop
- Fixed Beer disappearing in Barrels after server restart
- Increased Server performance ~20%
- Fixed dedicated server memory leak
- Dimetrodons (and Kairuku) now insulate Eggs!
- Enabled Animation & Garbage Collection Multi-threading on Dedicated Servers for significantly increased dedi server performance
- Fixed Dimetrodon Eggs creating Sarcos 😉
- Made Berries have a much longer spoiling time in Beer Barrels
- Made Beer Barrels not lose their stored items on server restart
- Set Beer Crafting time to its intended speed: 6 hours!
- Fixed Dimetrodons drowning in shallow swamp water
- Beer Barrel no longer requires Beer Barrel to learn
The full list of changes can be found below:
Upcoming Version: v232.0,
ETA: Thursday Jan 14 Has currently been deployed!
- New Dino: Dung Beetle!
- New Dino: Dimetrodon!
Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP)
- Garbage Collector performance improvements (less stalls)
- Fix for disappearing Quetz’
- Improved savegame save-and-load times
- Fixed a memory leak
- Fix for remaining issue involving falling off your Dinosaurs! (/ passing thru dinosaurs)
- Battle Tartar & Enduro Stew can no longer be stacked (one cancels the other). Battle Tartar damage buff reduced to +60%, Enduro Stew damage buff reduced to +35%
- Large Storage Box HP increased to 2400 and number of item slots to 45. Smithy HP decreased to 1500.
To give a little insight in what the future will bring, here are the upcoming changes:
- All current Items are now on the Master Items ID array
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Snow, Swamp, and Tek Caves, Boss Arenas / Game Progression, and “Boss Wars” Ascension
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative “on-ground” meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- [More notes to come]
These patch notes (and earlier ones) can also be found on the Steam forums.
For the latest Xbox One patch notes, you can find them here (v730).