The next patch has been announced by Wildcard and is aimed to be released in the week of April 11. For now, there are already some things that we can look out for; including even more new creatures and the long awaited chemistry table!
Some of the highlights of the upcoming patch can be found below with additional information.
It looks like Studio Wildcard is on a creature spree, as we are getting two new creatures again! This time it will include the Direbear and the Manta. Both of them have also been covered in our devkit previews (Direbear, Manta), so check those out if you haven’t done so already!
It has been in the devkit for a long time: the alchemy table. It is supposed to be the next tier version of the mortar and pestle, meaning that you won’t have to create tens of mortars to get your gunpowder or narcotics crafted anymore. Hopefully we will see some more use for it, such as potions, or an upcoming use when diseases are introduced in the future.
Again, breeding mechanics 2 is aimed to be included in this patch. We don’t know yet what exact features this will include, but it will probably have to do with mutations!
Full patch notes
v239 (ETA: April 20)
- New Creature: Direbear!
- New Creature: Manta!
- New Structure: Chemistry Table!
- New Structure: Primitive Cannon!
- First 3 Bosses and Boss Arenas!
- Added 2 more Player and Dino Max Levels
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 2
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels
- Fixed timeouts that people were getting connecting to servers that used lots of Mods
- Fixed issue with placeable explosive/traps collisions
- Fixed physx issue that could cause excessive server lag
- Drake’s Note: Sorry for the Delay folks, was an INTENSE week and is gonna be an awesome update!
Currently the patch has been delayed to April 20, luckily we get a picture of a Direbear to make up for it:
Hey Survivors, it's looking like we'll need another day on v239. 🙁 Here is a floofy direbear as an apology. pic.twitter.com/PcaHcY9RuN
— Jen (@bubblywums) April 19, 2016