The next Xbox patch has been announced by Wildcard and is aimed to be released on May 17. It will contain all content up to, and including, PC version 240, bringing you up to date with the PC version.
Some of the highlights of the upcoming patch can be found below with additional information.
New map: The Center
The popular fan-made map “The Center” is now an official addition to ARK. This means that there are 100-player (instead of the regular 70) servers added with this map to the official server list. If you want to start over on an official server and are looking for a new challenges, this might be the map for you.
The boss arenas for the Broodmother and Megapithecus are coming to the island. Their arenas are full of dangers, so bring a lot of firepower and people to take them on.
A lot of new creatures will be added to the island: Direbear, Manta, Lystrosaurus Arthropluera and the Sabertooth Salmon (including the special (prime) fish meat!). To be fully prepared, don’t forget to make use of the taming calculator before going on your taming trip.
The patch also brings some new items: from the chemistry bench (an upgrade to the old mortar and pestle), to a primitive cannon and bolas!
Full Patch Notes
- Added all content up thru PC patch v240 (includes such things as Broodmother Arena, Megapithecus Arena, Direbear, Manta, Chem Table, Prim Cannon, Lystrosaurus, Arthropluera, Sabertooth Salmon, Primitive Bola, Tribe Rank Management, and more!
- ADDED THE CENTER Official Mod Map! Doubles the playable game area of ARK, with all new adventures
- Added Official The Center servers supporting up to 100 simultaneous players!
- Fixed memory/crash issues, massively reduced game memory overhead
- Improved rendering performance by approximately 10%
- Fixed the huge stall/lock/crash when you “Transfer” a bunch of items at once
- Spawn-In First Person Animations are now playing properly once again
- [MORE NOTES TO COME]