The next patch is coming soon (hopefully June 1st) to our games. This patch will bring a lot of new content, including a new event: ARK’s Awesome Anniversary!
Some of the highlights of the upcoming patch can be found below with additional information.
It is almost 1 year since ARK was initially released on Steam (June 3, 2015). In order to celebrate, a limited time event will be added: ARK’s Awesome Anniversary!
Patch v242 will also bring the new Diplodocus and Leech creatures. In case you haven’t seen them yet, a preview can be found here (Diplodocus) and here (Leeches).
The patch will also introduce the biome changes that we’ve talked about earlier.
Now that the Broodmother and Megapithecus both had their arenas added, the Dragon couldn’t be left behind. If everything goes well, we will see this boss arena added in the upcoming patch.
Ruins & Explorer notes
A whole new mechanic will also be added to the game: diseases and cures. We don’t know how this will work exactly, so we’re very interested in seeing this mechanic in action.
Full Patch Notes
v242 (ETA: June 1)
- ‘ARK’s Awesome Anniversary’ 1-week Event: Get Ready to Make some Birthday Wishes for Limited Run Items!
- New Creature: Diplodocus!
- New Creature: Leech!
- New Mechanic: Permanent Diseases & Cures (Player-Contagious Swamp Fever!!!!)
- Biome Update: Snow Extension & New Redwood Forests (this is a major environmental overhaul!)
- Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites & Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also “Prevent Dino Unclaiming” checkbox, and other new per-Rank options.
- Dragon Arena
- Ruins & Explorer Notes
- Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
- Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
- Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
- Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
- Added ‘Follow Range’ ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
- Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!
- Servers can now optionally enable an “offline raiding prevention” mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care, as it may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment. (e.g.: ?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=60.0?PvPDinoDecay=true?PvPStructureDecay=true)
- Added Alpha Mosasaurus (contains lots of Black Pearls)
- Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%
- Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can’t be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of “?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true”. Otherwise they’re now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
- Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot.
- Approximate +100% increase to Sauropod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats.
- Breeding Mechanics Phase 2: Interactive Baby Raising
[MORE NOTES TO COME]