Info on the upcoming v235 patch. It will bring a new dino, new weapon and, hopefully, the tribe alliances will be finally implemented.
Some highlights of the upcoming patch notes.
After circling around in the dev kit for a while, the Terror Bird will finally come to the island. You can check out some of the previews that already contain it or its dossier to get more information on it.
A new weapon will also be introduced. The grappling hook was already assessed in a preview, but now it will actually be implemented. We don’t know the exact use of the grappling hook yet (will it be like Just Cause or more like Zelda?), but it sounds as something with big potential.
Will we finally be surprised with tribe alliances this time? Who knows, only thing we know for sure is that it is still on the roadmap and will possibly be introduced with this patch.
Client anti cheat system
Although most of the actual game is verified on the servers, there are still ways to get client side hacks to work. These include for instance aim bots or ESP (seeing enemy / creature tags through walls, etc.). Since these are client side hacks, there is no way for the server to see this. In order to counter it, Wildcard is introducing a client anti cheat system with this patch that should be taking care of it from then on.
Full Patch Notes
- Unversioned Hotfix (Server-side): Fixed Meganeura, Ants, Compies flickering in-and-out. Requires server update!
- Unversioned Hotfix: ~10% rendering performance improvement! And now crash fixed too 😉
- Unversioned Hotfix: ARK added Simplified Chinese Translation! Thank you playarkcn !!!
- Ended ♥ARK Valentine’s Day Event♥
- Added hooks for International “fast-pipe” official servers (VPX)
- Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Translations for Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and added Brazilian Portugese! Thank you to all ARK translators, keep it up — you rock! Please remember to fill in your Credits label at the top of the localization file 🙂
- Added ♥ ARK Valentine’s Day Event ♥, which will run until 5pm EST Monday. Get new “Box o’ Chocolates” Item randomly dropped by mating tamed Dinos, eating it will insta restore full HP, or knock 40% off a Dino’s Tame Bar (Remote Use). Also during the Event, 2x Mating/Mateboost Range, 3x Mating Speed/Mating Recovery, 3x Baby/Egg Maturation Speed, 1/3rd Baby Food Consumption!
Custom servers can activate the event with “-vday” commandline!
- Fixed “Unassigned” key bindings on localized languages
- Fixed Localization Font uasset overrides that were not working
- Improved Ground Clutter Draw Distance and performance
- Added Main Menu “credits” label for Localizations
- BattlEye Clients: Mac and Linux!
- Fixed a Gallimimus passenger unboarding issue.
- Fixed some servers displaying as BattlEye that weren’t actually.
- French Translation v1! (Translated by Shadow, from arkfrancegaming , Myami and Abara)
- Fixed rain vfx not appearing on clients (Requires Server Update)
- Fixed rare localization issue that caused a server hang
- BattlEye protected servers are now indicated with an icon on the server list
- Made text labels ‘overrun’ rather than clip, better for displaying longer strings in translated languages.
- Updated master localization archive to have more strings! (multi line texts etc)
- Unversioned Hotfix: Added community Spanish translation Translation by Neizan, IsCariote Youtuber and his team! Also updated the “Localization Manager” to have a “Update Archives from Manifest” button which allows you to update the latest localization strings from “English” into your selected language archives!.
- BattlEye Anti-Cheat System!
- BattlEye Notes: The new executable to properly play on Official Servers is ShooterGame\Binaries\ShooterGame_BE.exe, which we’ve updated the Steam Launch options to include (if you launch ShooterGame.exe directly, you will be redirected to ShooterGame_BE.exe if you connect to any Official Server running BattlEye). If you wish to run your Unofficial Server with BattlEye, you can do so with -BattlEye (however, only functions with Windows servers currently). Note that BattlEye is currently not ready for Mac or Linux, so we have temporarily disabled the capability of Mac/Linux clients to connect to BattlEye servers. We hope to have this resolved within the coming few days. Thank you for your patience!
- Added community German Translation, courtesy of Thomas Kowalzik – Owner of Arkforum.de! Thank you Thomas 🙂
Launch game with command argument:
-culture=de (or use new Steam launch menu option)
- Fixed infinite-jumping players issue. Requires server restart.
- Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a startup crash with localization.
- New Dino: Terror Bird
- New Weapon: Grappling Hook! (scale cliffs, grapple other players or small creatures to you and drag them around, this one is a game-changer 🙂
- Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP). Yes, finally, absolutely, live free or die hard gonna make it into this release!
- All current Items added to the Master Items ID array
Client-Side Anti-Cheat System
- Coel are now different sizes (and give different amount of resources depending on the size… rare chance of super-large catch!)
- Allowed ‘stuck’ players to jump out of being stuck! 🙂