Wildcard also announced patch v236. It is scheduled to be released in the week of February 22, so that isn’t too long from now.
The most important changes will be listed below.
A new dino will be introduced: the Giant Beaver. For those wondering how it will look, we’ve already covered it in one of our dev kit previews. According to the dossier, it will be an autonomous wood gatherer. Will this makes our lives easier for base building? We will find out when the patch hits our games.
Bosses and Boss Arenas
There are 3 bosses known in ARK: the broodmother, megapithecus and the dragon. Unfortunately, only the broodmother is currently available as the other two are restricted to the SoTF game mode. This patch will bring them all three together to the island, including the long anticipated boss arenas.
Since the introduction of the swamp and snow biomes, Wildcard indicated that new caves would accompany them. With this patch it will finally be the case: both the snow as the swamp cave will be added. We’re curious to see what kind of treasures can be found in there.
New breeding mechanics
Breeding would be made more realistic by introducing diseases and penalties for inbreeding (source). This patch will bring some of these mechanics, although it is not clear yet which ones specifically.
Full patch notes
Made the Localized language correspond to the Language Setting for ARK in your Steam Client, with the following supported languages (Thank you so much, volunteer ARK translators, you’re the best!!!!).
Note: if you want to use a non-English language now, you must set it in the “Languages” tab of the Game Properties within your Steam Client, as the game does NOT automatically select your Steam Client language if it is already installed. You will only have to do this manually once, and it is automatically chosen for new ARK installations.
- English: en
- German: de
- French: fr
- Italian: it
- Spanish: es
- Simplified Chinese: zh
- Traditional Chinese: zh-TW
- Russian: ru
- Thai (NEW!): th
- Japanese (WIP): ja
- Polish (NEW!): pl
- Danish (NEW!): da
- Dutch (NEW!): nl
- Swedish (NEW!): sv
- Hungarian (NEW!): hu
- Czech (NEW!): cs
- Turkish (NEW!): tr
- Brazilian Portugese: pt_BR
You can also directly override the language by using the following startup commandline (for dedicated servers, etc, where ‘en’ is one of the language codes listed above): -culture=en
- Updated the ShooterGame.manifest with the latest exported strings for the new game content (Beaver stuff, etc)
- Improved rendering performance by about 5%, and reduced stream hitching
- Added further support for fast International server pipeline
- Improved the server BattlEye implementation to support auto-updating the BattlEye libraries.
- Fixed a server crash.
- Unversioned Hotfix: Updated Localization Tool to properly handle newlines and end-spaces. Fixed for reals now!
- Fixed issue with certain Total Conversions crashing.
ETA: Week of Feb 22
- New Dino: Giant Beaver
- Server Performance Phase 2
- New item: Handcuffs
First 3 Bosses and Boss Arenas(Postponed) Snow and Swamp caves(Postponed) Breeding Mechanics Phase 2(Postponed)
- ARK: Survival of the Fittest Relaunch: Separate Application, HUGE IMPROVEMENTS (matchmaking, ELO rating, item rewards, mega perf gain, etc etc 😉 )
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Tek Caves, “Ascension” Game Progression, “Boss Wars”
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative “on-ground” meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky