Patch v242 brings us a lot of new additions; from big creatures to small adjustments such as following distance! We’ve put the most important things for you in a single post, so you will be fully prepared for the new patch!
First of all, the Diplodocus. This creature is so friendly, that it will do 0 damage to everything around it (yes, you read that right). In case you want to have a Diplodocus of your own, make sure to always have another creature available that can guard it. Even a tamed Diplodocus will not be able to do any damage to other creatures (and it would be a shame to lose your newly tamed companion to a Dilo).
The Diplodocus is the first creature to be tameable both passive and by knocking it out! Keep in mind that a passive tame of the Diplodocus will result in less food necessary and a higher affinity, so if you go for that perfect tame: passive taming is the way to go. Both these taming mechanics are available in the taming calculator, so be sure to check it out before embarking on your Diplodocus tame-quest.
If you want to spawn a Diplodocus of a specific level, use the following command (and change the 120 to your desired level):
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Diplodocus/Diplodocus_Character_BP.Diplodocus_Character_BP'" 1 1 1 120
For a random level Diplodocus, use this command instead:
cheat summon Diplodocus_Character_BP_C
The Diplodocus saddle can be unlocked at level 35 and costs 30 EP. Afterwards, you can craft the saddle in a smithy with the following materials:
- 850x Hide
- 600x Fiber
- 250x Wood
- 200x Metal Ingot
Two types of leeches have been added to the island, which can both be found in the swamp. Leeches are not tameable and if you come across one they might hatch onto you. If this happens, the best way to get rid of them is by jumping into a fire (for example a campfire) and they should let go after a couple of seconds.
The two types of leeches consists of a green and red variant. The green ones are normal leeches that will slowly suck your blood, while the red ones carry diseases! More information on the disease can be found a little further down this post.
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Leech/Leech_Character.Leech_Character'" 1 1 1 120
cheat SpawnDino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Leech/Leech_Character_Diseased.Leech_Character_Diseased'" 1 1 1 120
The leeches also bring us: Swamp fever. This is the first disease that is brought to the ARK and can be contracted by the red leeches in the swamp, other infected humans or infected dodos! When you are infected, it will have the following effects on you:
- 20% reduction in weight, damage, health and stamina
- 20% increase in movement speed
- 50% reduction in food, water and oxygen consumption.
Additionally, you’ll have a yellow glaze on your screen (and around your head in third-person) to indicate that you are infected. When you are infected, you will be able to infect other people by being near them and also your tamed dodos can be infected (and thrown into other people’s bases to get them infected too).
Luckily there is also an antidote available: Lesser antidote. This can be crafted in the mortar and pestle, or the chemistry bench. The engram can be learned at level 20 and it requires 16 EP. You’ll need to have the following ingredients to craft it:
- 10x Rare Flower
- 10x Rare Mushroom
- 5x Leech Blood
- 1x Narcotic
cheat GiveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/BaseBPs/PrimalItemConsumable_CureLow.PrimalItemConsumable_CureLow'" 1 1 false
Another arena has been added in this patch! This time we welcome the mighty dragon. You can enter the arena like every other one: by going to an obelisk and putting the required materials in the terminal. Note that you will need to be level 90 before you can go to the dragon’s lair to take him on.
A new item has also been added: the training dummy. With this, you’ll be able to find out how much damage you and your dinos really do. Simply hit the training dummy and it will show the damage per second of whatever attacks it. Please note that there are various reports that indicate that the damage per second is currently not very reliable, so please be careful with the information you get from the dummy.
Besides all the stuff mentioned earlier, there were some smaller additions too. These are listed below:
- Interactive baby raising
- Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites & Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also “Prevent Dino Unclaiming” checkbox, and other new per-Rank options
- Alpha Mosasaurus! (which also drops black pearls)
- Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%
- Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions
- Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs
- Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate
- Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.
- Added ‘Follow Range’ ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino
- Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!
- Servers can now optionally enable an “offline raiding prevention” mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care, as it may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment. (e.g.: ?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=60.0?PvPDinoDecay=true?PvPStructureDecay=true)
- Approximate +100% increase to Saurupod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats.
- Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can’t be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of “?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true”. Otherwise they’re now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.
- Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot.
- Optional RPG Stat Mode: Displays Floating In-World Damage Numbers for all Player-Related Damage Events.