Wildcard has announced patch v237. It is scheduled to be released on March 23, which isn’t too long from now.
Some of the highlights of the upcoming patch can be found below with additional information.
This time, 3! new creatures have been announced: the Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid and Dunkleosteus. We’ve already covered these in some devkit previews, so click on their names to find more information and images of how they will look like.
The snow and swamp caves were already announced in an earlier patch, but were unfortunately postponed. This time they are on the patch notes again, so hopefully they will make it in time. The caves will open up new adventures, but what exactly is currently unknown.
Breeding mechanics 2 will be included in this patch. We don’t know yet what the exact features this will include, but it will probably have to do with mutations!
Full patch notes
- Improved shader loading speed by approximately 25% (faster load times, less stalls)
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t board Flyers when nearby (but outside of) Caves. Requires Server Update.
- Fixed low EasterEgg drop rate (remember Bunny Oviraptors are best!)
- Fixed Caves not unloading under some circumstances when leaving them (was wasting client performance and also causing some wrong visuals)
- Fixed day lighting affecting new Cave interiors
- Fixed stored Easter Eggs disappearing after server restarts
- Tripled Easter Egg drop rate
- Prevented building in front of new caves on PvE
- Made Flyers able to go into caves by default on custom maps, and also you can force Flyer into caves via server commandline “-ForceAllowCaveFlyers”
- Fixed spectator crash
- Improved new cave lighting
- Fixed new cave entrance holes on Mac/Linux
- Summoned DodoRex is now autotamed and doesn’t run forward forever
- LIMITED EVENT: ARK: Eggcellent Adventure, March 25 – March 31
- Snow and Swamp caves
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- Increased Server Performance
- Majorly Reduced Client CPU utilization where many Dinos are active, significant gains for most players
New ‘Dino’: Woolly Rhino!(Postponed) New ‘Dino’: Eurypterid!(Postponed) New ‘Dino’: Dunkleosteus!(Postponed) Breeding Mechanics Phase 2(Postponed) Epic 4K Texture Deployment (all textures at source resolution)! Better texture pool utilization at all Texture setting levels(Postponed)
It seems that the set ETA of March 23 is not going to be met. According to Jat it will be somewhere this week, but we cannot indicate an exact date yet.
v237 won't be released today, will be this week, bit under-staffed due to people being sick! (tradeshow hype :P) carry hand sanitizer guys!
— Jat (@jatstweeter) March 24, 2016