Currently, the PC version of ARK: Survival Evolved has been updated to v233.2, There is another small updated inbound, v232.3, which will fix some small bugs regarding Dimetrodon babies and the beer barrel.
But, ARK wouldn’t be ARK (and Wildcard wouldn’t be Wildcard) if there isn’t any upcoming patch information know, so we will show you what will be up next.
We will start with a couple of highlights which show the most important aspects of the upcoming patch.
New creature and 3-seater saddle
Patch v233 will bring us the Gallimimus! And if that isn’t enough, it will be accompanied by a 3-seater passenger saddle. This means that the time of riding your dinos all alone will be gone.
New weapon (stun)
The electric prod will also make an entrance. This new weapon will deliver a shock to whoever you hit with it. In addition, it provides a torpor / stun effect, which means that it might be possible to use it for knocking out creatures (and enemies).
A SWAT-style assault armor tier will be introduced, giving us even more armor to choose from.
Again, the patch will include tribe alliances and hopefully this time for real (since some bugs with tribes were fixed in the previous version)
Full patch notes
Below you can find the full patch notes for v233
- Re-added the Beer Barrell and Industrial Cooking Pot Structures. Requires server and client update! Any servers that were launched with v233.0 will need to have these structures rebuilt!
v233 – ETA:
January 27 January 28, Afternoon EST (after 17:00 GMT) Tribe Alliances (PvE and PvP)(pushed back)
- Gallimimus with 3-Seater Passenger Saddle
- Electric Prod stunner weapon
- SWAT-style Assault Armor tier
- Improved savegame save-and-load times
All current Items are now on the Master Items ID array(pushed back)
- New Structures: Greenhouse/Glass tileset with plant-growing benefits
- Added new special nametags and custom hat skins for: Wildcard Admin Team, Wildcard Non-Admin Team, Authorized External Testers, and Dev Kit Masters. Get yours by joining the crew!
- Initial Deep-Sea Loot Crates
- Note: Metal Armor is now crafted at the Workbench, not the Fabricator. It will also be made available on Primitive Servers shortly.
Further upcoming changes
Below some changes that are on the road-map but have no definite patch version tied to them:
- Tribe Member Rankings with Customizable Per-Rank Privileges
- More Creatures, Gear, Armors, Weapons, & Structures!
- Snow, Swamp, and Tek Caves, Boss Arenas / Game Progression, and “Boss Wars” Ascension
- Aquatic and Amphibious Mating/Lifecycles
- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf
- Specific Representative “on-ground” meshes for all dropped items
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- [MORE NOTES TO COME]