Since the latest patch (v733) it is also possible to use the PC admin commands on Xbox One! This makes it possible for you to spawn in dinosaurs, items, fly around the map and much more. We will help you with this new addition, by giving you some valuable resources and an explanation on how you can use everything in your single player games and servers.
How to enable Admin console commands on Xbox One?
For the commands to work, you’ll need to go to the pause screen. There you should be able to find an option to input the cheats at the top of your screen. In case you don’t see this option, make sure that you have admin access and re-logged in to the server after giving yourself access.
For the people that end up with their screen cluttered in cheat texts (e.g. keyboard shortcuts to spawn specific items), you might want to run the command ‘setCheatPlayer false‘ (without the quotes).
Which cheats / console commands can I use?
Supposedly every cheat that is available on PC can be used in the Xbox version. To find out the exact commands, you can use the following lists:
- Summoning random level creatures
- Summoning specific level creatures (Advanced)
- ARK: Scorched Earth creatures and items
- Item ID list, including blueprints
- Miscellaneous commands
- Position coordinates
Where can I use cheats?
Currently you should be able to use cheats in your single player game and on dedicated servers. Non-dedicated servers are not fully supported, but we got varied reports on this.
It seems you won’t be able to make other people admin at this moment, making it only for yourself possible to use the commands. It should be possible to make other people on your non-dedicated server admin, by following the steps that are listed under ‘How do I make other people admin on a non-dedicated server?’
How do I make other people admin on a non-dedicated server?
- First host ARK on your Xbox as a dedicated server (This way you will get access to the dedicated server window where you can promote players to admins).
- Have your friends join your dedicated server (just joining should be enough for them to show up in your player list, so no need to create a character)
- Add them to the admin list.
- Have them leave the dedicated server and return to the main menu.
- Leave the dedicated server yourself, head over to the main menu and start your non-dedicated server now.
- Have them rejoin your non-dedicated server and they should now be an admin on there too!
Keep in mind that the players you have promoted admin will need to use ‘AdminCheat‘ (without the quotes) in front of every command for them to work.
Help, the commands do not work on my Xbox one!
If you cannot get the commands to work, but you are able to input them on your pause screen, you might want to try the following things to solve the problem:
- Use ‘adminCheat’ (without the quotes) in front of you commands and see if that makes a difference.
- Try turning your console off and on again, join the server (or local game) again and see if you can use them now (Thanks Jen).
- If these options didn’t work; post a comment below and we will try to help you out 🙂
If you ran into any inconsistencies in this post, leave a message below and we will adjust it as soon as possible. In case you have more information that is worth adding, share it and we’ll update the post with it!